Solar panels provide a renewable energy source for your home that will reduce, or even remove, your need to consume energy from the grid. There are two types of solar panel – photovoltaic (PV) for generating electricity and thermal for heating water; while you may think that solar panels might not be the ideal fit for the UK’s weather, both are good investments. This is because solar panels depend on daylight, not just on sunlight, allowing you to see the benefit all year round. We’re able to install, maintain, and repair solar PV and solar thermal systems for customers based in London, Surrey, or Kent.
Why install solar panels for your home?
- Reduced running costsWhether you have a PV or a thermal system installed, you’ll save money on your energy bills. Installing a well-designed system that meets your usage requirements will make the most of this benefit and will reduce your need to pay for energy from alternative sources.
- Environmentally consciousSwitching to a renewable energy source by installing solar panels will help you to reduce your carbon footprint and to lessen your impact on the environment. In the long term, all of us benefit from reducing our consumption of fossil fuel-derived energy.
- Reduced strain on your boilerDuring the summer months a well-designed thermal system should meet most of, if not all, your energy needs. This isn’t just great news for your energy bills, it’ll give your boiler a break too. By placing less strain on your boiler, you’ll prolong its lifespan.
- You could earn moneyFrom 2020 the UK government’s Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) will allow you to sell any surplus energy that your solar panels generate back to your energy supplier. This means that installing solar panels for your home could actually end up earning you money.
Photovoltaic (PV) solar panels – for generating electricity
These are the solar panels that you may be more familiar with. They generate electricity that can be used in your home.
- Saves you money on your electricity bill, particularly during the summer
- Could be used to charge and power an electric vehicle
- Long lifespan
- Requires more roof space than a solar thermal system
- You’ll be able to sell any excess electricity you generate to your energy supplier once the SEG is introduced in 2020, earning you money and helping to offset the installation costs
Solar thermal systems – for heating water
Solar thermal systems heat water for use in your home.
- Saves money on your heating bill, particularly during the summer
- Reduces the demands on your boiler
- Highly efficient
- Cheaper to install than solar PV panels
- Takes up less roof space than solar PV panels
Why choose us to install
your solar panels?
Solar panels that are tailored to suit your needs
We’ll work closely with you to ensure that your solar panels meet your needs. Whether you choose a PV or thermal system, it’ll be designed and installed with your home and usage requirements in mind, from start to finish.
You’ll receive advice on installation and running costs so that you can find an option that suits your budget and property. We’ll also provide multiple options so that you can choose the system that makes the most sense for you.
We regularly benchmark our prices against our competitors to make sure that you pay the best possible price for your solar panels. And if you’re offered a cheaper price elsewhere, contact us and, where possible, we’ll match their price. Choosing us guarantees an excellent service, and excellent prices.
Expertise and experience
Our team has the skills and experience needed to install your solar panels successfully so that they’re as efficient as possible. We’ve built up a portfolio of happy clients over the years and we’ll always work closely with you to make sure that the process is straightforward and stress free. We’ll also be able to maintain and repair your solar panels to keep them in perfect working order.