As a home owner, I’m sure you know the Importance of maintaining your smoke Detectors. It also important to know where to put in the home as they need to be strategically located so that they can sense smoke.
The smoke detectors should also be hard-wired into your electrical system so they are working constantly, while also on the plus side be backed up with batteries in case your power goes out. Equipping your home with smoke detectors is only the first step though. It isn’t the case of just putting them up and then forget about them. Do remember that maintenance is vital to ensuring the safety of your home.
A Maintenance Routine
When it comes to smoke detectors maintenance, regularly test it every month to ensure that both the battery and alarm is working properly. If you are feeling stuck, then refer to your manufacturer guide. A good thing about doing smoke detectors maintenance that this will familiarize you on the sound it makes.
Another addition to the maintenance routine is to know when the batteries need to be change. So when you do your monthly test on the smoke detectors do check for how loud the alarm will sound.
There are multiple types of smoke alarms on the market, so be sure to refer to your manufacturer’s guide for detailed instructions on how to change the batteries.
Additional Maintenance Tips
- Use a duster or vacuum cleaner to remove dust particles that could affect smoke alarm performance.
- Be aware of your smoke detector beeping, as this is an indicator your batteries need replacing.
- Do not paint over your smoke detector as this could prevent it from sensing smoke.
- Be aware of the manufactured date, as smoke detectors have a maximum service life of 10 years.
- For hard-wired smoke detectors, contact a professional for additional maintenance tasks or if you’re unsure if your smoke detector is working properly.
To find our more information then please give Logical Heating & Plumbing Solutions a plumbing croydon company a call today.