Having a water heater breakdown is always an inconvenient, It never a good time to find there no hot water coming from your hot water system. It never possible to completely avoid water heater repair, However there are some steps you can take to reduce the amount of repair your water heater may need.
Here are some suggestions from Logical Heating & Plumbing Solutions.
- Drain some water bi-annually. It’s natural for sediment to build-up at the bottom of your water heater, but if too much sediment builds-up, it can damage the function of your water heater. By draining some of the water from your water heater bi-annually, you’ll be able to remove a good amount of sediment from the bottom of the tank.
- Check the pressure relief valve. The pressure relief valve is a safety device that relieves excess pressure in case the water heater becomes too hot. Relief valves can leak or corrode, which can cause them to malfunction. Checking the state of the relief valve can help keep you ahead of problems that may develop with it.
- Check the temperature gauge bi-annually. Your temperature gauge shouldn’t be set any higher than 120 degrees Celsius; any higher and you could see a rise in your energy bill and have scalding hot water. A hot-running water heater is also more prone to breakdown, so it’s best to keep the temperature moderate level.
- Is the unit insulated properly? Heat loss on the outside of a water heater tank can be significantly damaging, so it’s important to make sure the water heater is properly insulated. Use an insulating blanket or wrap the unit carefully with other insulating material.
- Check the exhaust equipment. Water heaters that use natural gas need to be vented especially if the venting is not working properly, dangerous toxic carbon monoxide products could be leaking into your home’s air.
- Schedule annual maintenance. An annual maintenance appointment for your water heater will cover all these items and more.
To find out more information the please give Logical Heating & Plumbing solutions, a plumbing bromley company a call today.