Here is a short guide on one of the home most common problems – the electric. Having electric problems in the home is no fun, so how to overcome this with Logical Heating & Plumbing Solutions.
Electrical issues are a pain in the neck, especially when nothing seems to be working. This short guide will discuss a few key appliances that everyone within the home should be mindful of. Many electrical issues do require a professional electrician to look at it; don’t be afraid to give us a call.
Circuit Breaker Issues
Circuit breakers are designed to trip when a circuit is overloaded and overheated. The circuit breaker also prevents wires from starting a fire in your home.
- If your breaker has tripped, it might be a good idea to try plugging in appliances into a different circuit so the supply isn’t overloaded.
- Have a breaker that is frequently tripping? It’s best to call LHPS immediately. Even if you shut off your main breaker, power still enters the panel, so if you’ve never worked inside an electrical panel, this is why we ask you to call an experienced professional electrician.
Flickering lights are a sign of a defective or loose bulb. If you replaced the bulb and the problem wasn’t solved, there could be two probable issues:
- the fault may be in the light fixture
- the connections to the fixture or the wiring in the circuit breaker box may be loose
Both of these issues should be consulted by our professional electrician.
Light Switches/Electrical Outlets Not Working
Light switches that don’t work like normal are another example that you have an electrical problem. Here’s how:
- The wiring may be loose or be cracked internally.
- If a plug is loose as in the plug partially falls out, a person could accidentally receive a shock when unplugging the cord
If you think you have faulty light switches or electrical outlets, our professional electrician will inspect your wiring to determine whether any loose connections exist, and replace defective ones.